Monday, November 15, 2010

Dallas does...let's talk about love, baby.

It is ridiculous that this is the way in which my newly returned swagger has chosen to express itself, but here is quote after quote about love... These things make me ridiculously happy.

"It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but it's harder to give up when you think it's everything you want."

"To have a broken heart is to know you've tried."

"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane." John Green, Looking for Alaska

"I'm thinking about you like teenage boys think about the birds and the bees, and the bees think about serving the queen, and making honey, and honey, I'm thinking about you like crazy."

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Nietzche

"Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it." -Waitress

"Sometimes you have to let go to find out if there was anything worth holding on to."

"I wish that you couldn't figure me out, but you'd always wanna know what I was about...And I wish that without me, your heart would break." -Kate Nash, "The Nicest Thing"

"Thou art the star for which all evening waits." -George Sterling

"Never regret something that once made you smile."

"You make my heart smile."

"In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really great time tonight" -"Pretty Woman"

"Do not love me because I love you. Love me for loving me."

"Sometimes not being in control is the most beautiful thing in the world."

And the grand finale!!:

"It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out? Ah, but what if it does."

Love, love and love,
Kels.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind my contributions...I have loads saved on my computer. A few of my favorites:

    "You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before, she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, & the two of you may never be perfect together. But if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, & admit to being human & making mistakes, hold onto her & give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze & don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, & miss her when she's not there."
    -Bob Marley

    “Love is sufficient for itself; when love is present it absorbs and conquers all other affections. Therefore it loves what it loves, and it knows nothing else.”
    -Bernard of Clairvaux

    "I have this dream of being whole. Of not going to sleep each night, wanting. But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me."
    -Practical Magic

    And finally, guess who told me this one made him think of me, because I am forever thanking him (unnecessarily?)...

    "Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, 'You owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky."
    -Hafiz (a Persian poet of the 1300s)

    ReplyDelete