Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dallas does...my kind of beautiful.

The way I see it, days after nights with little sleep can go one of two ways. Either you're so sleepy that you can't form coherent sentences, or you float around on a cloud of blissful relaxation and rely on coffee to keep your eyes open. And as the Java House employees could tell you, Kelsey was a very happy camper after she had her Mint White Mocha in hand.
It was a wonderful Wednesday, drifting through my class schedule wearing my favorite Aztec scarf. There were some embarrassing moments, such as when my sleepy self ran me right into a set of doors that were most definitely meant to be pulled and not pushed, but mostly it was the usual rundown of my Iowa education, complete with avoiding note-taking time to write a Christmas list.
So as promised, here's another collection of everything that I'm thankful for on this wondrous Wednesday, November 17:
Being outside after 2 a.m. when the world's asleep
Crazy dreams between when your alarm goes off and when you actually wake up
Whipped Cream
Plain bagels
Nearsightedness
Learning what makes a person nearsighted
Ridiculous raps
Running into doors
Mantastic sports economics
Professor Blake Whitten
Calculator battles
Teddy (bears)
Ginger beards
"Damn, it feels good to be a financier."
Catching people off-guard with positivity
Clicky-clacky keyboards
Carrying hot chocolate purposefully on a brisk winter night
Checking Summit off my IC bar list
Supporting a Cabbie doing stand-up!
Deciding to go on an adventure at the last minute
Independence
Lifetime movies about junior high drama
Pajamas
Learning to live with complications
Feeling valued
Being called "pretty"
Falling back in love with myself (awkward...)
Smiling at people from across a room
Imagining a multitude of possibilities
Being invited places
Having people say "I miss you"
Learning to love growing up.
Cuddling up under the covers after a very long day
Remembering French words that used to roll off my tongue
"I want to go to Greece during thunderstorm season so I can say 'Grease Lightning' without getting weird looks"
Finding out that my blog inspires other young women
Being one day closer to Marsha, Lyndall and Buddy Earl Dallas.
Hebrews 13:2

Another heart-wrenching love quote just for you,
"You give me the kind of feeling people write novels about."

Peace, love and Harry Potter puppet pals,
Kels.

No comments:

Post a Comment